Saturday, March 19, 2016


Gastropod Bursidae

  http://www.topentity.com/bursina/


Pale ivory with jagged spikes
Almost hidden in other memorabilia
Every time I put it to my ear
It whispers secretes of a far away ocean
Of warm blue water
And endless dunes of sand

Always with me, so many years,
In different houses, on many shelves
My companion for forgotten memories
Of days gone by. Pale ivory with jagged spikes
I was twenty,he was my first love

Blue laughing eyes
A head with dancing curls
Like a prince on a galloping horse
He rode in on a dust covered jeep
Five days we rode the dunes

Up steep black mountains, sliding
 Into azure water, always in sight
I looked at the face of the full moon
Ran my fingers through the water
And watched the fish slip by

Gastropod Bursidae
My seashell from far away ocean
I can put you to my ear, close my eyes
 And loose myself in the rhythmic hum
The waves breaking on the shore
The years washing away through my fingers


No comments:

Post a Comment