Friday, May 6, 2016


Google earth


I press the button
The Blue Planet fills up the screen,
I inhale, stiff with expectation,
maneuver the curser with care. Where
latitude 37N crisscross longitude 122W
I zoom in.
Barren landscape.
few houses, camouflaged,
claiming existence on a plateau,
hanging onto the edge of a steep cliff.
Over an ocean of rolling hills, and deep canyons.
Any shudder will toss them right into oblivion.
My home, is it still there,
facing the long narrow street,
backing against the deep ravine.
Here I am,
standing next to the large windows,
in the mornings,
watching the flaming hot sphere,
lightning up the browns, into
million shades of orange.
Here I am,
controlling the world,
with a blink of an eye, I am
back to my desk.
Blue and white,
 striped icon, blinking...

No comments:

Post a Comment